Let’s start with a kid favorite… Bananas!
- Bananas are in season year-round.
- Health Benefits of Bananas:
- Bananas are rich in fiber, which helps moderate blood sugar levels and improve digestive health.
- Bananas are also a great source of potassium, a mineral essential for health heart, controlling blood pressure and kidney health.
- How to Store Bananas:
- Store bananas on the counter or in a cool dry place for up to a week.
- Unripened bananas can be placed in a paper bag to speed up the ripening process.
- Refrigeration is not recommended because bananas are sensitive to the cold and may be damaged by cold temperatures.
- Fun Facts About Bananas:
- On average, Americans eat more than 28 pounds of bananas per person, per year!
More produce tips: https://www.produceforkids.com/produce-tips/
Source: Produce for Kids